Carpenter Co has an opening for a Pour Line Clerk at our Fogelsville, Pennsylvania location. This position will be responsible for tracking, receiving, maintaining, and reporting raw material inventories and managing all aspects of Pouring Station pour log data and other department issues as needed. Communicates with Pouring Station management and personnel, plant management, plant purchasing and accounting, corporate purchasing manager, and various employees at other divisions. Works in a normal production office with some potential exposure to chemical fumes. Major challenge involves the accurate tracking and recording of department data.
- Maintains chemical usage reports: daily, weekly and monthly.
- Communicates with corporate accounting regarding chemical inventories and receipts.
- Communicates with department employees regularly concerning chemical unloading and receiving.
- Communicates with local railroad to schedule delivering railcars and releasing empties.
- Performs SAP pour log chemical usage back-flushes.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling accurate inventories of chemicals and supplies.
- Generates billing for Pouring Station.
- Maintains slab production and pour log records for archiving.
- Routes IFD sheets and flammability results to appropriate personnel and organizes completed reports for archiving.
- Arranges shipping of chemicals, supplies, and equipment to other divisions and locations as required.
- Submits purchase orders and maintains records for department supplies.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary by supervision.
- Assists Front office and HR personnel as required.
- Maintains accurate computer records of daily recipe production
- Acts as chemical liaison between chemical blending and molding dept.
- Ensures accurate billing and inventory control of pre-polymer blend to Rebound department
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Computer Skills - Basic computer skills are required; Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Software (Word and Excel); Must have a good working knowledge of SAP and be able to utilize it efficiently.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.