Operations Engineer I
E.R. Carpenter, LP., a Petrochemical Plant located in Pasadena, TX has an opening for an entry to intermediate level Chemical Engineer to join our Operations team.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence.
- Communicates on an ongoing basis with various Powell Plant hourly personnel, department managers, facility management and outside vendors.
- Works in a normal plant environment
The major duties and responsibilities of the Operations Engineer I will be:
- Process and project studies, raw materials, production and/or logistics coordination.
- This position will directly interface between operations management and production personnel
- Organizes production and shipping schedules.
- Maintains records and reports necessary for raw material usage, production, shipping
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies and chemicals needed to run the department
- Performs process optimizations
- 0-5 year’s experience (including Co-op) is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills which permit smooth relations with plant personnel.
- Technical ability to make meaningful contributions to production, engineering and project activities and assist in the proper development of projects.
- Incumbent must develop a thorough knowledge of the process involved and the equipment used.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgment.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
NO PHONE CALLS/NO OUTSIDE AGENCIES
Job Status: Full Time