Mechanical Project Engineer
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Mechanical Project Engineer at our Riverside, CA location. In this role, the incumbent will perform all engineering functions for the Division to include, project manager, facility and equipment design, modification, repair and troubleshooting.
This position works with nearly every position within the corporation at various times, from the Plant and Division Manager to hourly employees. The positions most frequently worked with are: Maintenance Manager, Division Vice President, Plant Manager, Technical Director, Mechanics, Electricians, Department Managers, Safety and EPA Coordinators, Purchasing, Accounting, Contractors, Consultants, and Regulators. Works in a normal production/engineering environment with exposure to temperature changes and various working conditions based on the assigned project. Major challenges of the position involve monitoring and coordinating a variety of simultaneously run projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Major in Business Management, Organizational Leadership or Engineering a plus!
- 4 – 6 years of experience in manufacturing or production facilities;
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment;
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories;
- Great organization skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment.
Essential functions include, but not limited to:
- Perform all phases of project management.
- Perform Facilities Engineering tasks on buildings, banks, dikes, utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, compressed air, steam), grounds.
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment designs and modifications.
- Perform structural engineering tasks on beams for overhead cranes and hoists, structural modifications of building, etc.
- Troubleshooting on any kind of equipment within the facility.
- Purchase material and services for projects and repairs on equipment and facilities.
- Support other managers and/or supervisors. Perform calculations, analyze proposed equipment and/or process changes.
- Serve as Safety Committee Member to investigate hazards and propose solutions.
- Monitor environmental concerns, sewer monitoring, and containment structures.
- Backup Maintenance Manager.
- Attend weekly maintenance meeting and provide status updates on all projects
No phone calls or agencies, please. Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.