Mattress Team Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Mattress Team Operator in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st shift [6pm - 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. this position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Mattress Team Operator:
- Must be able to read and understand the labeling process.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must learn the different types of mattresses produced and the configuration of each.
- Must be able to box, label & package mattresses per customer specifications.
- Must be able to build mattresses in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to she the scanner and read the production schedule.
- Must be able to feed toppers through the laminator, operate the IR heater, operator the press & mattress folder machine.
- Must fully understand quality standards as prescribed by management.
- Must be able to maneuver and team lift materials and finished products weighing up to 95 pounds.
- Must maintain Value of Order and organize the storage areas.
- Will assist with monthly inventory, as required.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience
- One year of assembly experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2pm
Job Status: Full Time