Market Manager; Chemicals, Surfactants
Carpenter Co. is looking for an experienced, talented individual to develop and execute the strategy with respect to EO/PO co-polymers and Nonionic Surfactants. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to expand our existing base of business. The Market Manager will collaborate with Sales, Technical and Customer Service to achieve our goals. Markets include but are not limited to; Oil &Gas, Pulp & Paper, Textiles, Agriculture as well as Lubricants.
- Plan, prepare and execute product development, marketing and branding strategies based on industry trends along with feedback from sales and customers to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Analyze and understand market trends, industry challenges and new developments to anticipate and capitalize on future opportunities.
- Develop attractive and profitable pricing strategies to improve customer retention and add new business.
- Travel with Carpenter Sales Representatives to assist with developing new business opportunities and in retaining existing accounts.
- Work with Manufacturing and Procurement as needed to ensure costs are continually being optimized.
- Coordinate communication between the sales organization and R&D to prioritize projects and development efforts. Ensure priorities are understood and communicated throughout the organization.
- Analyze and recommend possible acquisitions as part of the strategic plan.
- Develop tools as needed to ensure effective communication and retention of critical information.
- Create and update product literature and marketing tools.
- Publish case-studies highlighting the benefits of Carpenter Technologies.
- Participate in monthly Technical Review meetings in Richmond Technical Center.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Position requires overnight travel of up to 50%
Skills / Requirements
- Five years’ experience in Marketing, Development, Technical Service or Technical Sales within the surfactants industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related major preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in basic mathematics pertaining to finances, such as statistics, accounting, profit & loss is also required
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work out of a home office
- Possible Relocation to Richmond, VA
No phone calls or agencies, please. Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time