Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Management Trainee located at our Lakeland, FL location within our EPS division. This opportunity will directly support our Plant Manager in all aspects of the plant environment, while training to perform management duties within the plant, and developing toward greater promotional opportunities.
This position will assist the Plant Manager and Division Manager in the daily operations of the plant in order to learn and acquire competencies necessary for future plant leadership opportunities.
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as operations, credit, customer relations, accounting, or sales.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Attends company-sponsored training classes.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Leadership, Organizational Development, Supply Chain or Manufacturing/Industrial related discipline
- Master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years in manufacturing with experience as a manager or supervisor
- Prior history of successful accomplishments in work experience and/or projects
- Prior supervisory experience and willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- Willing to relocate for future growth opportunities
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time