Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Management Trainee at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position will allow you to learn our business, manufacturing processes, and skills necessary to develop into a Management role.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Management Trainee will be expected to shadow other managers and gain department management experience both at the Elkhart plant and other Carpenter plants throughout North America for advancement to Assistant Plant Manager openings and beyond.
Additional responsibilities of the Management Trainee will include:
- Become familiar with processes, machinery, and supervision of manufacturing procedures.
- Work with the Plant Manager to assist in the operation, management, and supervision of various departments.
- Quality, reporting, and scheduling will also be a challenging part of this job.
- Travel to other Carpenter plants for additional training.
- Be receptive to relocation upon completion of the training program.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Chemical or Manufacturing/Industrial field is required
- Major in: Business Mgmt., Organizational Leadership or Engineering a plus
- 1 - 3 years of experience in manufacturing or production facilities
- Ability to work successfully in an autonomous environment
- Capability to work under just-in-time and lean manufacturing theories
- Great organization skills
- Leadership potential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be willing to work as a team member in a “hands-on" production environment
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Hours: Typically 7 AM to 5 PM plus occasional weekend/Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Supervision/Management Trainee
Manages Others: Not initially, but upon promotion to management position
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Sporadic during training, plus possible relocation
Job Status: Full Time