Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for an Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Mechanic at our Altoona, PA manufacturing location. Qualified applicants for the position will have general industrial electrical knowledge, strong general mechanical aptitude and proven skills in prioritizing.
This position is responsible for repairing and installing equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Maintenance Mechanic will be expected to work independently on projects assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Additional responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic will include:
- Programming machinery
- Communicating with coworkers, managers and outside vendors
- Weld, cut steel, braze, solder & fabricate machinery and basic parts
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Training other employees on the use of equipment
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Skills / Requirements
- An associate’s degree or applicable experience is preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of PLC and computer controlled machinery
- Ability to trouble shoot equipment
- Ability to interpret and use complicated drawings
- Advanced math skills
Job Status: Full Time