Machine Operator - Carpet Cushion
Highest production pay rate at plant after certification.
Operator all equipment in the carpet cushion department ( all equipment listed below) while meeting production and quality standards for the department. Collect appropriate data and document.
Equipment: Baumer, Windup, Laminator, Baler, End sealer/Elevator, Glue Guns, Forklift, & Overhead Rebond Cranes.
*Must be able to communicate verbally and written with the department and supervisor.
- Must be capable of learning to safely operate the Looper, Laminator, Windup, Elevator, Bombay system, Forklift and rebond overhead crane.
- Must be able to use a decimal gauge and a tap measure.
- Must be able to frequently lift and maneuver carpet cushion rolls on an off of the line weighing up to 80lbs.
- Must be able to label rolls and load Carpet Cushion rolls onto trucks
- Must be able to help with gluing carpet cushion slabs together and help with setups
- Will adhere to all Carpenter Co. Safety rules and guidelines
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Machine operator experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge required and SAP preferred.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm- 10pm, or 4pm - 12:00am, must be able to train on 1st shift for a period of time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing
Manages Others: No
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: None
Job Status: Full Time