Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Line Coordinator in our Laminated Mattress Department on 1st Shift [6am - 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. this position is responsible for producing specific products(s) for external customers in an efficient, safe and productive environment meeting the demands established by a daily production schedule and customers specifications. Gathering all foam and latex materials required to make these products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve getting blocks of foam and transporting foam to and from the line and slitters which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional Responsibilities of the Line Coordinator:
- Must be able to read and understand the labeling process.
- Must maintain a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Must learn how to run each kind of mattress on the Mattress Folder Machine.
- Must be cross-trained in the kitting/rail saw area and hole punch machine.
- Must fully understand quality standards as prescribed by management.
- Must be able to maneuver and lift materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to operate: rail saw, 6096 slitter, 5088 slitter, EL-04, convoluter, and hole punch.
- Assist with monthly inventory.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2pm
Job Status: Full Time