Knitting Technician (Fixer)
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Knitting Technician (Fixer) - 2nd shift at our Conover, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for changing machine setups, performing press-offs, needle changes, creeling machines, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and other major mechanical repairs to the knitting machines.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Knitting Technician (Fixer) will be expected to communicate and coordinate with department management and plant management on a daily basis to coordinate production with mechanical repairs. Major challenges include working independently on very involved and complex job. Works in normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes and some unpleasant working conditions.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of the equipment.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment.
- Read and interpret machine diagrams and plant layout drawings.
- Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan.
- Work closely with Knitting Operators on machine problems and necessary repairs.
- Travel to other Carpenter Co. locations when needed.
Skills and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two to three years' specialty or technical training
- Four to six years' experience required
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time