Knitting Operator (circular knitting machines) - 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Conover, NC plant as a Knitting Operator - 2nd Shift in our Knitting Department. This individual will operate multiple knitting machines simultaneously, while monitoring product quality. In addition, this individual will also perform functions of creeling machine, changing rolls, and labeling product.
Operate knitting machines in accordance with SOP's, and produce finished material as dictated by production schedule. Monitor quality, perform quality testing, and prepare product for shipment.
High school diploma or GED.
- Four to six years' Knitting Operator experience required.
- Three to five years' industrial experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Operate multiple knitting machines simultaneously.
- Read and create production schedules in SAP.
- Post production of finished materials in SAP.
- Prepare product for shipment to external customers or for use internally.
- Monitor quality and perform incoming QC inspections.
- Work closely with Knitting Fixer on mechanical problems.
- Create lot number traceability information in SAP for finished product.
- Creel machines.
- Cur rolls.
- Be able to perform small scale manual tasks, such as tying threads together, for extended periods of time.
Job Status: Full Time