Inventory Control/Forklift Operator
Extra $1.00 per hour Shift Premium for 2nd shift.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Inventory Control/Forklift Operator on 2nd shift in our Bedding Docks Department at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to properly label all stock packages for that day's shipments, pull labeled material out of the Kanban area to the shipping docks, and help the production lines pull stock material back to the Kanban area. This position will also be responsible do perform daily inventory counts to help production plan their day.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate and coordinate with shipping management, plant management, and customer service on a daily basis. This position will also involve moving material which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Inventory Control/Forklift Operator will include:
- Responsible for labeling all packages in Kanban area.
- Pull material to Kanban area from production area
- Take labeled material to bedding docks for shipping.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Recharge forklift when batteries are low.
- Must understand and follow the Carpenter Company safe stacking policy and procedures.
- Must maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a neat, safe, and orderly work area.
- Other duties that may be given to this operator.
- Read and interpret a basic tape measure on a daily basis.
- Inventory control in the Kanban area
- Pick up trash and discarded product
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a company forklift license
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have at least 3 months forklift experience
- Inventory Control experience preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2PM - 10PM
Job Status: Full Time