Produce sewn materials for use with Laminated Mattress products. Work with other production team members to ensure sewn products are properly joined, labeled and meet quality standards.
- Will safely and efficiently operate single -needle over lock machines in a stand up sewing position.
- Will sew cut fabric parts together to specifications.
- Will affix all required law labels and warning labels.
- Will verify quality of material and identify fabric flaws and sewing flaws.
- Must be able to identify machine problems.
- Assist the line in making changeovers and will clean machines and work areas.
- Must also assist in preventative maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others including co workers, management and maintenance staff.
- Be team oriented.
- Dependability is a must.
- Be quality minded while sewing cording and zippers onto mattress covers.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Previous Industrial Stand Up Sewing Experience is required of 1 year - 2 years preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Operate Single needle and over lock machines
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand for up to 10 hours per day
- Vision abilities which may include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception, and ability to focus
- Prolonged gripping of an item/tool up to 50 lbs
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 5am – 1pm
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing
Manages Others: No
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: None