Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Sewer at our Taylorsville, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling individual fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushion covers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Industrial Sewer will be expected to interact and communicate directly with cutters, material handlers, machine operators, and other sewers. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the efficient usage of various components to produce cushion covers per customer specifications.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Sewer will include:
- Receive and understand instructions from area supervisor.
- Accept work (component parts) distributed by material handlers or lead person.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fiber and ticking components into finished product according to specified customer requirements.
- Place finished product onto conveyer or skid for next step in production process.
- Enclose finished cushion with neat seams to meet customer demands.
- Clean equipment and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department production procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior industrial sewing experience is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time