Human Resources Associate
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Associate at our corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The HR Associate will report to the VP of Human Resources. This position is responsible for assisting in performing basic human resources duties in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, employment, discipline, recruiting and training. This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and is sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews etc.…)
- Monitors absenteeism for the Corporate office employees
- Acts as employee relations specialist
- Confers with management and supervision to gain knowledge of work situations requiring further understanding and conveyance of policies, procedures, regulations and business initiatives.
- Ability to create, modify and design e-learning modules
- Conducts a needs assessment with customers and subject matter experts to identify technical training needs
- Recommends, designs and develops appropriate learning strategies/courses
- Develops course outline using flowcharts, creates script and storyboards for various delivery methods including the Internet, Intranet, and CD-ROM or other media
- Prepares and produces supporting documentation at each stage
- Plans and coordinates efforts of design, media, and technical resources to complete the learning courses.
- Validates, delivers, and evaluates the final training program
- Ensures that the courses meet the learning objectives and makes necessary adjustments
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business discipline, HR, Organizational Development or Instructional Design preferred
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in human resources
- Understanding of basic employment law and human resources practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time