HR Assistant Manager
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for an Assistant HR Manager at our Temple manufacturing plant. The position reports to the Human Resources Manager on site at the plant, and is responsible for assisting the HR Manager with all human resources related functions.
The Assistant HR Manager should support the organizations goals of operations excellence. This role will primarily assist with all phases of recruiting including: interviewing, hiring, background checks, letters, on-boarding, and record-keeping. Additionally, the Assistant HR Manager will provide support for other HR areas such as: unemployment compensation, employment verifications, job descriptions, benefits questions and issues resolution, payroll, attendance and leave administration, and performance management.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (HR degree preferred)
- 3+ years of Human Resources generalist experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources laws including EEO, FMLA, and ADA
- The successful candidate will be customer service-oriented with a team player attitude to help with additional duties within the company, as needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) required and payroll systems preferred
- Ability to interview and select candidates for employment
- Very organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- SAP/Kronos experience a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Status: Full Time