Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Conover, NC plant as a Gluer (Mattress Assembler).
The successful candidate will be expected to assemble and adhere individual foam components into fabricated products (mattresses).
Major challenge involves the proper assembly of parts into a finished product that conforms to customer specifications. Interacts and communicates directly with glue line coordinator, supervisor, and other gluers on the glue line. Works in normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and glue fumes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a gluer is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Receive and understand instructions from the glue line coordinator and/or the bedding supervisor.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established glue line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Insert mattress core into cover, regulate foam into the corners and edges to provide a plush fit.
- Apply required labels.
- Cover, box, and seal finished product and apply proper labeling.
Job Status: Full Time