Additional $1.00 per hour for working 2nd shift.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Forklift Operator on 2nd shift in our Bedding Department at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the transporting and loading of bedding products to the correct designated location efficiently and accurately as well as keeping the department supplied with material for production.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate and coordinate with shipping management, plant management, and customer service on a daily basis. This position will also involve moving material which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Forklift Operator will include:
- Accurately transports and loads product to designated area and/or trailer.
- Transports material to the Bedding Department for production as needed.
- Scans and checks loading tickets.
- Record and bill information in SAP.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Uses forklift to transport stock to the department.
- Maintains supply of foam to the department as needed
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a company forklift license
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have at least 3 months forklift experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2PM - 10PM
Job Status: Full Time