Forklift Operator/Chop Saw Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Forklift Operator/Chopsaw Operator in our Cold Chop Department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10am] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of the Chop Saw and handling of produced products of varying sizes in the Cold Chop department. This position would primarily be on the forklift transporting blocks and a back-up for the Chopsaw operator.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve transporting slabs of foam to the storage areas in the plant, which requires the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional Responsibilities of the Forklift/Chopsaw Operator:
- Operate the Bun Chop Line as described in the Chop Line Work Instructions.
- Perform length, height, and width quality checks with a tape measure.
- Maintain efficient operation of the chop saw to include cutting foam slabs to proper length.
- Must report conditions to his/her supervisor that may affect the operation of the chop saw.
- Adjust the crusher/preflexor as needed to obtain proper ILD for foam blocks.
- Must be able to read and understand cutting programs.
- Must be able to Safely and efficiently operate a forklift, and be certified
- Attention to detail a must
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Requirements
- High school education or GED.
- Prior Fork Lift experience.
- Some computer experience needed.
- Basic reading and writing skills and be able to use simple math.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm
Job Status: Full Time