Forklift Operator- 3rd Shift
Carpenter Co. is known far and wide as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world. Since our founding in 1948, we have developed a corporate culture that has helped revolutionize the comfort cushioning industry. Today, with about 5,000 employees, 18 product divisions, 46 global divisions and $1.7 billion in sales, we manufacture more comfort cushioning products than any other company.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high benefit health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), profit sharing, education assistance, and paid time off. We offer long-term opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment.
This position is responsible for the transporting and loading of bedding products to the correct designated location efficiently and accurately as well as keeping the department supplied with material for production.
- Accurately transports and loads product to designated area and/or trailer.
- Transports material to the Bedding Department for production as needed.
- Scans and checks loading tickets.
- Record and bill information in SAP.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Uses forklift to transport stock to the department.
- Maintains supply of foam to the department as needed
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a company forklift license
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have at least 3 months forklift experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and be able to meet the physical requirements of this position with/or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays with little call in time.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Job Status: Full Time