Fiber Team Operator
Carpenter Co. has 3 immediate openings for a Fiber Team Operators on 2nd Shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all daily operations in the Fiber Department. There is a focus on quality and safety while pursuing daily operators.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involve operating various machinery and a forklift in a safe manner.
Additional responsibilities of the Fiber Team Operator:
- Must maintain value of order.
- Must competent in these fiber operations.
- Must be able to perform all tasks at the winder
- Must be able to operate all packaging equipment.
- Must be able to label and scan in production.
- Must be able to load fiber bales into hoppers via forklift
- Must be able to transport finished goods back to designated dock areas via forklift.
- Must be capable of clearing fiber debris from rollers in card and on oven belt with an air gun during startup.
- Produce products within customer specifications.
- Constantly monitor equipment to prevent downtime while maintaining upkeep.
- Must be able to check finished goods to fulfill specifications and customer needs.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing forklift experience
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm, start time may vary between 1pm and 4pm depending on the production schedule
Job Status: Full Time