Carpenter Co is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Richmond, VA plant as an Assistant Machine Operator in the Fiber department. The Assistant Machine Operator is responsible for monitoring the fiber blend line and communicating with the line operator to ensure and maintain a consistent and adequate supply of raw fiber in to the line.
- Assist the Fiber Line Operator
- Maintain an adequate amount and proper type of virgin fiber supply to the blend line
- Maintain a constant and proper percentage of trim and rerun fiber supply to the blend line
- Follow proper procedure for monitoring and documenting fiber usage to maintain inventory control
- Communicate with operator consistently in order to enhance machine production efficiency
- Assist in any and all product change orders
- Report conditions encountered that may affect the operations of equipment
- Maintain a vigilant care of blend line and all components, and make line supervisor and maintenance aware of issues
Carpenter Co is looking for a committed team player that takes pride in their performance. In addition, the Machine Operator should have the following:
- High school diploma
- 1+ year of manufacturing experience; machine operation experience, preferred
- Experience working with fiber or fiber knowledge helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to be at work on time
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.