Electronic Technician-3rd shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Industrial Electronic Technician at our Fogelsville, Pa plant. The Industrial Electronic Technician is responsible for all electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment is installed, repaired, and maintained to assure that the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture product(s) for internal and external customers on a timely basis.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department Lead Person, Maintenance Manager, Production Managers and all the other employees in the department to make sure that all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are repaired in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Electronic Technician:
- Maintain and troubleshoot various electronic and electrical controls associated with manufacturing machinery and systems
- Development of ideas and enhancements to improve existing equipment performance and safety features
- Accountable for accurate record keeping, and maintaining and updating of electronic files
- Timely communication of technical problems and issues affecting plant performance to management
- Demonstrate the ability to perform work independently (work alone)
- Communicate with and maintain a team-based attitude with fellow co-workers and managers
- This position requires occasional overtime, trouble call-ins and some scheduled weekend work
- Opening available on 3rd shift
- Possess a strong Electrical/ Electronics background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a directly related field. The successful candidate will be highly proficient in some or all of the following:
- 24VDC, 120VAC control circuits
- Various types of sensors (PE’s, Prox’s, Encoders, etc.)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (AB 500 and 5000 series, Siemens S7)
- Relay controls
- Reading of electrical schematics (US and Euro)
- NEC Code, rules and regulations
- Strong PC skills (Windows OS, Word, Excel,)
- PC networking (Ethernet)
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
- No phone calls or agencies, please
Job Status: Full Time