Electrical Support Technician
Learn all electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment. Be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
- Advises Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Assists in building, maintaining and repairing all electronic and computerized systems as directed by others.
- Assists in retrofit machine control systems, read, modify and create machinery electrical schematics.
- Installs, repairs and retrofits motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems quickly and come up with solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with 2 years of specialty or technical training.
- Must have 4 years of experience in the electronic field and a minimum of 2 years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer systems and advanced electrical/electronics.
- Must have knowledge of programmable logic controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
Must be able to do all of the following:
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends, and call-in with little notice
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6am – 2:30pm
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing
Manages Others: No
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: Minimal to None
Job Status: Full Time