Customer Service Representative
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for processing customer orders and coordinating shipment of orders.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Customer Service Representative will be expected to have constant contact with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Additional responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative will include:
- Receives telephone orders from customers for products—new order, revision, or cancellation; Handles telephone calls, faxes, or emails from customers.
- Prepares orders and enters into the SAP order entry system; verify with open order status report; verifies missing prices or other information regarding the order; scans orders and enters them into the SAP system for archiving.
- Coordinates shipping date requirements with the customer. Advises customers in advance when abnormally long lead times may be necessary for ordered product; calculates and provides information on COD shipments.
- Performs function of liaison between the customer and the shipping departments to advise the customer of the arrival times of their shipment; communicates any customer requests and the details to the appropriate member of management; monitors customer sales and notifies customer, sales team, and management of irregularities; handles the entry of customer complaints in the system.
- Coordinates changes and additions to customers’ needs with the production department management.
- Follows-up on all customer orders to ensure that orders scheduled to ship have been assigned space.
- Maintains files on all customers. Maintains customer complaint file in SAP; updates all customer files with price increases/decreases.
- Mails all customer billings, any price increase letters, and other appropriate communication as required; assists with bulk mailings of price increases and announcements.
- Assist in the processing of employee sales as required.
- Completes ENPR for product being returned into SAP
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of prior customer service experience in a call center or office environment
- 3+ years of data entry experience
- Good communication skills
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time