Customer Champion (Customer Service Manager)
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Customer Champion at our Riverside, CA location. In this role, the incumbent will work diligently by implementing needed changes through plant management to satisfy the customer’s needs. This requires the Champion to be in a position of monitoring and pushing issues to plant management and sales personnel when needed to ensure that they are completed in a thorough and efficient manner.
This position works with nearly every position within the corporation at various times, from the Sales Department, to the Plant and Division Managers and hourly employees. Works in a normal office environment with some exposure to temperature changes and various working conditions when entering the production areas. Major challenges of the position involve dealing with upset customers and production issues
- Perform as an expeditor.
- Liaison between the production plant and the Customer.
- Help coordinate product changes, with production, and the Richmond Technical Center.
- Satisfy the Customer without compromising the company’s commitment to produce and ship a quality product at a fair price.
- Develop and nurture a partnership with the customer through regular visits / phone calls to the customer; some local travel may be required.
- Know the production process of the customer and know the customer’s process in which our product is used.
- Be objective, (look at Carpenter through the eyes of a Customer).
- When a Quality issue does occur, communicate it to the appropriate plant departments and management.
- Know our processes and look for ways to make production more efficient and cut costs mutually for the company and the Customer.
- Possess an adequate knowledge understanding of the Customer’s ordering method.
- Possess a complete understanding of how the Customer’s product is scheduled for production and shipment.
- Keep Carpenter’s scheduling office informed of any requirement fluctuations.
- Main point of contact for all Riverside Division Furniture & Bedding customers to address non-routine issues, who wish to deal with the plant directly.
- Communicate issues with customers and salesmen regarding orders, shipments, credit and other business activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting, research and solving problems from either the production or sales side of the business.
- The Champion needs to be able to monitor both service and quality.
- The Champion needs to be able to communicate with sales, plant management, line personnel, and the Customer.
- 1-3 years sales or customer service experience;
- Great organization skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
No phone calls or agencies, please. Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time