Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Consumer Loader on 1st shift in our Consumer Shipping Department at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for preparing and loading finished goods into trailers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work with other team members to ensure the finished goods are properly stored, staged, labeled and loaded for shipping to customers. This position will also involve moving material by hand and include the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Consumer Loader will include:
- Read and interpret shipment loading documents to ensure correct product is pulled from finished goods storage.
- Read and interpret a product location map to ensure finished goods are located in a timely manner.
- Load shipments onto trailers.
- Maintain accurate count of product loaded.
- Operate stretch wrapping machines.
- Properly label shipping cartons.
- Insure labels are verified for product, customer, load and quality, to include readability of bar-code.
- Stack product in accordance with the Company Safe Stacking Policy. Recognize and correct unsafe stacked product.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a company forklift license
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have at least 3 months forklift experience preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6AM - 2PM
Job Status: Full Time