CDL Class A Truck Driver
Class A CDL Truck Driver
Home every night occasional weekends.
Carpenter Co. is a private fleet looking to hire experienced CDL drivers.
Responsible for operating and maintaining a company vehicle to deliver finished products to external customers safely, on time and following company policies and government regulations with in a defined geographic delivery area.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
- Will adhere to all DOT Regulations and practice safe driving techniques.
- Will maintain accurate paperwork and electronic DOT logs.
- Will unload finished product at each destination as required.
- Will maintain equipment in proper working order to include pre-trip safety checks and minor truck repairs.
- Will report all conditions that might affect the safe operation of the tractor and trailer.
- Will pick up trash and discarded product to make sure trailer and tractor are kept clean.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a Class A CDL., plus 2 years driving experience or recent graduate.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to lift carpet cushion rolls weighing 50 to 90 lbs. each.
- Must know and understand all Carpenter Co. rules to include safety regulations, attendance and personal conduct.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Job Status: Full Time