Account Manager, Chemical Systems
Carpenter Co. currently has an opening for an Account Manager in our Chemical Systems Division. This position operationally and strategically manages the sales cycle from prospect account development to account closure. This position will work from a remote location, ideally located in the Northeast or Midwest.
- Identify quality sales opportunities, develop customer specific strategies, and close new custom blended polyurethane systems business.
- Recommend products based on the end application needs of the customer and independently conduct technical trials at their facilities.
- Initiate product development work based on existing and target account requirements, with the goal of securing existing and/or new business opportunities.
- Coordinate customer and product launch efforts with the Carpenter technical and manufacturing teams.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Meets with key clients for maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepares sales report showing sales volume & areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Works closely with R&D to resolve customer issues & expand customer capabilities.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a technical/science discipline
- Five years of sales experience in Urethane Systems industry; preferably with prior technical hands-on experience to support customer requirements
- Ability to take initiative, strong attention to detail and ability to grasp technical information
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to work from a home based office and travel up to 70%
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time